Why should I bring my dog to you for grooming?
This is a great question. There are so many dog groomers out there, you probably don’t realise there are important differences between groomers.
We offer a one-to-one personal pampering service where the welfare of your dog is our biggest priority.
What you can expect from us
- The welfare of your dog is our most important concern. Your dog will get treated like a VIP – we mean, a VID - all the way!
- Professionally trained and internationally certified & accredited Dog Groomer / Pet Stylist. · Your dog will not be put under undue pain or suffering for the sake of vanity, particularly to achieve a breed clip.
- The condition of your dog’s coat will be assessed and we will talk to you about what outcomes are realistic so you know what to expect before the groom begins.
- Shampoos and conditioners that are free from chemicals; paraben & Sulfate (SLS/SLES) free.
- A grooming service free from crating and crate drying.
- We take the time to find out about your dog, note their mood, their behaviour, discuss recent illnesses or injuries and we won’t start grooming unless we are confident it won’t impact on your dog’s well-being.
- Your dog will be treated with proper dog handling and dog behaviour management procedures – yes there are procedures to ensure the health and well-being of your dog.
- Don’t rush us, we won’t rush your dog – we will call you when your dog is done!
Boutique Dog Salon
Custom built, professionally equipped and air conditioned boutique salon. Your dog deserves VIP treatment, not the fast paced, conveyer-belt set up offered by big commercial groomers.
Don’t take our word for it
“Thank you April for taking such great care of my deaf old Airedale, Charlie. He was in such a knotted state but you got him looking wonderful! Great breed clip. We will be regulars now. Thank you :)” Jannine Yost
"Sheba looking very clean and fluffy after her appointment with April today. She is now looking forward to her Play Date with April and friends next week . Highly recommend." Julie Morris
Have you groomed my breed of dog before?
We are professionally qualified and trained in traditional breed clips including:
- West Highland Terriers
- Cairn Terrier
- Brussels Griffon (Griffon Bruxellois)
- And more... just ask us
Each breed has a distinct temperament – for example, westies remember bad experiences. If they have had a bad experience with a groomer before seeing us, we will take extra time and care to gain trust before we consider touching them. Ask us how we go about doing this.
Our accreditations and years of experience means your dog will be treated as individuals, but also with proper dog training and handling practices.
Whatever their breed, be assured your dog will leave us feeling like the 'cat that got the cream' (excuse the analogy) and looking like a very pampered pooch.
Are there really accreditations for a dog groomer?
Yes there are! That is the difference between groomers. Our accreditations have taken us through dog handling procedures, dog psychology/behaviour and management, training, grooming, health and well-being, OHS and much more.
A parent wouldn’t leave their child with just anyone. Your dog deserves to be left in the care of someone who is qualified, understands their needs, and will treat them with respect and care. Any good groomer will be happy for you to take a look around their premises, answer any of your questions, allow you to stay with your dog should you wish to and provide you with proof of their accreditations, insurance and experience.
What are your credentials?
- Karen Pryor Academy Animal Training & Behaviour Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP),
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour & Training
- Certified Salon Professional (IPGCSP) / Certified Professional Groomer (IPGCPG) – Track 1
- Dog Diversity Grooming School - Professional Dog Grooming Certificate
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE - Professional Dog Grooming Certificate
- Domestic Animal Business Registered
- Police Checked
- Full Insurance
We encourage you to ask us about these - and please ask for the credentials of every groomer you ever take your dog to visit.
You love your dog and we’re sure you wouldn’t leave them with just anyone – just as a parent wouldn’t leave their child with anyone without finding out their qualifications, experience and practices.
How often should I get my dog groomed?
If you find it difficult to maintain your dog’s coat, we recommend more regular visits – this will make it easier to achieve a breed clip.
Part of our service includes advice on washing and grooming practices in between visits to reduce any negative experiences for your dog.
Do you come to my home?
If you live in Masterton and find it hard to get to our Masterton dog grooming salon, we offer a pick up and drop off service for a small surcharge. Contact us if you’d like to arrange this service.
How much will it cost to get my dog groomed?
Please Contact us for a quote.
Please read our important information about dog grooming.