All About our grooming rates & policies
By using AllAbouttheHound services you are agreeing to our terms of service as outlined in our important information below.
Conditions of Service
Our services are only offered to dogs who are:
- Microchipped with current up to date contact information
- Council registered
- Wearing a flat collar including tags with up to date contact phone number
- Have a current vaccination
- Up to date with flea treatment and management
- All dogs must be kept on a lead when visiting AllAbouttheHound HQ
- All dogs must be kept off the lawn and garden beds as these are strictly off limits
Please let us know if your dog has behavioural problems or aggressive tendencies.
AllAbouttheHound reserves the right to refuse to accept your dog for inclusion in the doggy day care or for grooming if your dog has ever bitten someone or has aggressive tendencies.
If your dog gets hurt or becomes ill, we may visit a veterinarian and all costs will be at your expense (as the dog owner). You (the owner) understand that you are legally responsible if your dog bites or hurts our staff or other members of the public and/or their dog(s).
All clients will be asked to complete an authorisation form and by signing this form you accept AllAbouttheHound’s conditions of service.
With regard to grooming, you are obliged to let the groomer know about all pre-existing medical conditions (past & present) and any changes to your dog’s health for future visits.
Cancellation Policy – All Services
Can’t make it to your appointment or need to cancel an existing booking? Please provide a minimum of 48hrs notice. Cancellation or 'no shows' of grooming appointment or bookings for other services without the requested notice period will incur the full cost of the service to be provided.
Dogs that bite
- We reserve the right to refuse grooming services if your dog is significantly aggressive and we cannot continue with respect to the safety of the dog and the groomer. If we cannot continue, you (the owner) will be contacted immediately and asked to collect your dog.
- If you have told us that your dog may bite, a muzzle may be used.
- Additional charges may apply if your dog is particularly problematic or difficult to groom or has aggressive tendencies.
- You (the owner) understand that you are legally responsible for any bites or injury sustained by the groomer caused by your dog.
Pre-existing medical conditions
The health, safety and welfare of your dog is our priority – but we are not liable for any pre-existing medical conditions or any health issues that we may discover during the grooming process.
Note: We are not qualified veterinarians – please see a qualified professional if the groomer makes any observations, suggestions or recommendations.
Dogs that need to be sedated
- Let us know when you book.
- Give us details when you arrive: your vet, sedation time, dose.
If your dog is matted, it is likely the coat will need to be clipped very close to the skin. By doing this there is a risk your dog may suffer from clipper rash (irritation to the skin).
We give matted dogs more breaks during the pre-clip. If the matting is very severe, we may ask you to bring back your dog for the final clip another day.
We will do everything we can to avoid unnecessary pain or discomfort and to prevent a bad experience for your dog.
If your dog is groomed while excessively matted and with poor coat condition, you agree that AllAbouttheHound will not be held liable for any costs or fault if veterinary care is needed after the groom.
Additional charges may apply if your dog is excessively matted.
We take fleas in our salon very seriously, especially the possibility of spreading fleas to other people’s dogs. If your dog is found to have fleas, your dog will be bathed immediately with a flea shampoo treatment and you will be charged an additional $10.00. This treatment and cost is non-negotiable.
Interrupting the Groom
For the safety of the dogs in our care, as well as the professional groomer, it is asked that you do not interrupt the groomer while they are grooming. Every effort will be made to insure your dog is groomed as safely as possible, but an excited dog can be dangerous to continue to work on. After dropping your dog off, please do not step back in the salon until you have received a message advising your dog is ready to collect. If you have any questions after drop off, please call us.
Reminders – Mark it in your calendar.
While AllAbouttheHound endeavour to send text or email reminders, this is a courtesy only and cannot be relied upon. You are responsible for setting your own reminders and managing your calendar appointments.
Please let us know as soon as possible! It affects your service provider and other customers.
We may need to reschedule your grooming appointment if your delay will significantly impact other customers.
Collection of Dogs
Please be on time to collect your dogs. You will be advised of an estimated completion time and we respectfully request that all dogs are collected within twenty minutes of being notified your dog is ready for collection. Unless arrangements have been made prior, a $5.00 ‘minding’ surcharge will be applied to collections longer than twenty minutes. Dogs know when their groom is complete and are eager to get home.
All dogs attending AllAbouttheHound day care will be required to undergo an initial assessment to determine suitability. Not all dogs cope well in a group setting or are comfortable with high energy environments. We want to ensure that the dogs included in the day care have personalities that suit the day care environment. The safety of our staff and the dogs in our care is very important to us and the evaluation process will help us avoid any potential problems keeping a happy and harmonious environment.
Instances we may cancel outdoor activities
Extreme Weather: AllAbouttheHound reserves the right to reschedule or cancel all outdoor dog activities (doggy day care outdoor activities/dog training) in these weather conditions:
- Temperature exceeds 30°C
- Stormy weather (thunder & lightening) or torrential rain
The normal body temperature for a dog falls within the range of 38°C to 39.2°C so exposure to soaring temperatures may cause your dog to suffer from heat stress if subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time.
Photographs may be taken of your dog while being groomed, during doggy play dates, or training. Unless expressly requested otherwise, these photographs may be posted on the AllAbouttheHound website or other social media used to promote AllAbouttheHound services.
Accepted methods of payment:
- Dog Training - Direct credit into nominated bank account upon receipt of invoice, Eftpos or Cash. If transferring payment, funds must clear before the service commencement.
- Grooming & Day Care – Eftpos or Cash.
Please contact us for a quote.
Full payment is required upon completion of service.
- All prices are starting prices only and are subject to adjustment on assessment of your dog due to breed variations, size differentials and whether your dog has excessive matting.
- AllAbouttheHound reserves the right to refuse to groom your dog if your dog is significantly aggressive that we cannot continue with respect to the safety of the dog and the groomer. Additional charges will apply if your dog is difficult to groom or has aggressive tendencies.
- AllAbouttheHound reserves the right to refuse to groom your dog if it is found to have fleas. Owners will be called to collect their dog and remove it from the salon OR your dog will be bathed in a flea shampoo and a $10 surcharge will be applied to the final cost of the groom to cover the cost. This treatment and cost is non-negotiable.
If your dog is problematic, difficult to groom or has aggressive tendencies, talk to us about how we can help your dog have a better grooming experience through positive reinforcement training.
Grooming Price Guide
|Bath/Dry & Tidy||$45||$55||$75||$85|
|Bath & Dry (short hair)||$40||$50||$50||$50|
|Bath & Towel Dry (short hair)||$20||$35||$40||$45|
|Double Coat Goom Out (de-shed)||$70||$65 hourly rate||$65 hourly rate||$65 hourly rate|
|Stripping/Carding||$70||$65 hourly rate||$65 hourly rate||$65 hourly rate|
|Face Trim & Tidy||$15||$20||$25||$25|
|Puppy Pamper||Introduce your puppy to the grooming experience early to ensure they do not become fearful or anxious in the future. Please ask about this service for more information.|
|Day Care Half Day (per dog)||$15 (up to 4 hrs or part there of)|
|Day Care Full Day (per dog)||$25 (more than 4 hrs or part there of)|
|Day Care with Grooming (per dog)||$10|
|Late Pickup Fee (per dog)||$5 (clients are required to collect dogs within 20 mins of notification of collection)|
|Training||Please ask about this service for more information|
Breed Descriptions & Size Specifications
|Small Breed||Medium Breed||Large Breed||Extra Large|
|(Short Hair - up to 8kg)||(Short Hair – up to 15kg)||(Short Hair – up to 25kg)||(Short Hair - over 25kg)|
|Pug||Bassett Hound||Visla||Great Dane|
|Jack Russell (smooth coat)||Whippet||German Short Haired Pointer||Mastff|
|(Long Hair – up to 8kg)||(Long Hair – up to 15kg)||(Long Hair – up to 25kg)||(Long Hair - over 25kg)|
|Maltese||Cocker Spaniel||Golden Retriever||Bouvier De Flandres|
|Shih Tzu||Miniature Poodle||Standard Poodle|
|Cavalier King Charles Spaniel||Spoodle||Giant Schnauzer|
|Silky Terrier||Standard Schnauzer||Groodle|
|West Highland Terrier|
|(Double Coated - up to 8kg)||(Double Coated – up to 15kg)||(Double Coated – up to 25kg)||(Double Coated - over 25kg)|
|Border Collie||Bernese Mountain Dog|
|Old English Sheep Dog|
The above are examples of breed/size differentials and are not exhaustive.
AllAbouttheHound reserves the right to assert which breed description or size specification a dog falls within.
Public Holiday Surcharges
|Standard Public Holiday||$21.50 (including GST)|
|Christmas Day||$55.00 (including GST)|
|New Years Day||$55.00 (including GST)|